This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
Some people spend hours on a treadmill, and it can challenge you mentally just as much as it does physically. Learn how to pass time on a treadmill.
Cardio is an essential part of a workout routine, but it can also be one of the more difficult feats to accomplish. This is in large part due to how long it takes to complete. Some people spend hours on a treadmill, and it can challenge you mentally just as much as it does physically. To stay on task, learn how to pass time on a treadmill.
A great way to take your mind off the hard work you are putting in is to listen to something. Smartphones have allowed us to listen to whatever our heart desires.
- You could listen to music and create a playlist that motivates you through the cardio session
- Podcasts are great for thoughtful conversation on any topic that interests you. This can be anything from politics to entertainment
- Radio is great for that purpose as well. It can also allow you to listen to that game you might be missing
- It can be hard to find time in your day to advance in that book you are reading. Audiobooks make that much easier because you can do it during your time on the treadmill
Change It Up
Running at the same speed can make things boring. That’s why you should change up your treadmill workouts with intervals. Some ways you can do this are by increasing and decreasing speeds or adjusting the incline throughout your workout. Treadmills offer numerous cool features to keep you on your toes and make things interesting.
Some treadmills have screens installed on them, which gives you another way to pass the time. You can also use your smartphone to stream entertainment. There are many options to choose from:
- A TV show or movie you have been wanting to watch
- Stay up to date with various issues by watching the news
- Watch that sports game you don’t want to miss
- Go down a YouTube video rabbit hole
Another tactic you can try is to work out with someone you know. This way, you can socialize along the way. This is another excellent thing you can do to pass the time and catch up with a friend while motivating or even competing with each other.
Use that time on the treadmill to do something productive and prepare for the days ahead. You have a lot of time to spare, so take the time to plan some stuff out. Think about what you’re doing this weekend, what you should get when you go grocery shopping, or whatever other goals pop into your head. Use this time on a treadmill to be productive in more ways than one.
Many people work out on a treadmill for various reasons, from preparing for a marathon to losing weight. Figuring out how to pass time on a treadmill can make your time on it more enjoyable.