This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
The Selle Italia SLR Superflow Saddle is an ideal solution for those who find it difficult to find a comfortable position when riding. This SLR Superflow Saddle is manufactured with a carbon composite shell, EVA padding, and a Fibra-Tek leather cover. These materials combine to provide great comfort. The long, thin profile with the flat support areas and large centre cut-out helps individuals of any height to comfortably sit and efficiently pedal on long rides. The unbeatable flexibility of this road bike saddle prevents perspiration build-up and reduces pelvic zone pressure.
- Shell: 30% Carbon Composite
- Padding: EVA
- Cover: Fibra-Tek Leather
- Saddle Rails: Titanium 316
- Weight: 190-200g
Selle Italia Saddle Review:
Ease of Assembly – 8.5/10 (1 = extremely difficult, 10 = easy)
Installation was pretty straight forward; a few screws and bolts needed to be attached to the rails.
Saddle Angle Adjustment – 10/10 (1 = not easy at all to adjust the saddle angle, 10 = extremely easy to adjust the saddle angle)
There are a set of levers on the base of the saddle which enable adjustment of the angle of the saddle. The levers were easy to move and the saddle angle could be adjusted in small increments.
Saddle Padding – 7.5/10 (1 = uncomfortable, 5 = comfortable)
The padding material is soft and does an excellent job of cushioning the butt. The padding on the front of the saddle smells a little bit funny in the beginning. It goes away after awhile.
Saddle Shape – 10
The saddle is very thin and you sit “on” the bike. The angle and shape of the saddle allow the rider to properly place the hips and to remain in a comfortable position on the bike.
Saddle Support – 6/10 (1 = little support, 10 = tons of support)
The saddle is really not designed to support your bottom. Of course, if you’re sitting on your bike correctly this saddle will provide good support.
Saddle Feel – 8.5/10 (1 = uncomfortable, 5 = comfortable)
It’s only been a couple of weeks, but the saddle gives a good amount of support and it feels comfortable. I’ve tried many saddles over the last 3 years (carbon, titanium, gel, cut-outs, not cut-outs) and I find the Superflow to be by far the most comfortable of them all. It is a little bit on the narrow side, but it works for me because I can lean into the bike and stay on for long periods of time.
Looks – 6/10 (1 = ugly and tacky, 10 = beautiful and fast)
It is fairly conservative looking. It does the job. Personally, I don’t like the look of most of these carbon fiber shell saddles [The SLR and the SLR XTi are different – ed.] but this one isn’t too bad.
Value – 8.5/10 (1 = poor value, 10 = great value)
You would be hard pressed to find a saddle that is more comfortable and great for long rides than this one. At $130 bucks, this is a great value.
Selle Italia Saddle Review:
- Provides a great comfortable and efficient platform to ride your bike on. I think this saddle is the best of its kind I have tried.
- The SLR Superflow Saddle is extremely flexible. Certainly one of the most flexible saddles on the market.
- The cradling shape and large cut out in the middle of the saddle help keep your hips in a good position and decreases chafing. The saddle offers good perineal support.
- The saddle is great for long rides because it is thin and provides excellent support to your gluteus maximus [buttocks] I am able to ride 30+ miles with little or no chafing.
- The saddle is wider than many of the saddles I have tried and I felt that it was a bit too wide for my skinny backside. The shape of the saddle is not particularly good for supporting your butt and your legs.
- If you’re not sitting on the bike correctly, and your butt isn’t sitting on the saddle, your perineal area will get crushed. So you have to sit properly on the seat.
- Selle Italia did a great job with the saddle. The Selle Italia SLR Superflow Saddle is the most comfortable saddle I have ever used. The comfort was just excellent. While I’ve only tried this model of saddle, Selle Italia has a number of models that are comfortable and I would recommend checking them out.
Remember, these reviews are my opinion and my experience with the saddles in question. Your experience may be different, particularly if you have a different body type or a different riding position than I do. Take a look and read the reviews of the various brands and styles and try them out for yourself. If you don’t already have a saddle, and you are in the market for a new one, try out the Selle Italia SLR Superflow Saddle. It’s the best saddle I’ve found for riding 30+ mile distances and your butt will thank you for it.
Disclosure: The reviews and ratings contained in this website document were supplied by riders like you. We are not employees of the manufacturer and are not experts on the product. We do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of the information or product ratings. The reviews and ratings are submitted and managed through a third party site. We were not compensated for this review other than a free sample of the product.